Richard Price is an infrastructure and public policy executive and strategist. His focus is on the finance and regulation of infrastructure, and his experience straddles public and private sectors, bringing commercial approaches and organisational transformation to government, and helping businesses and investors to navigate policy and regulation to drive better outcomes in the UK, EU and Asia.
Richard recently completed his 5-year term as Chief Executive of the Office of Rail and Road, Britain’s transport infrastructure regulator. He launched and chaired the cross-sectoral UK Regulators’ Network. Richard has held senior roles across government, and advised businesses and governments on private infrastructure investment.
- Extensive experience of supporting private investment in infrastructure, helping investors and governments to understand and engage with the commercial, policy, regulatory landscape.
- Hands-on experience of infrastructure regulation and competition decision-making.
- Leadership of organisations and transformational change at CEO and Board level.
- Policy-making and influencing at the highest levels in government in the UK, EU, US and Asia.
- A thought leader with international reach on how private markets and the public sector work together to achieve better, sustainable outcomes for people.
Current and recent activities
- Advising on new policies to scale up private investment in environmental infrastructure (for UK government).
- Engaging the investor community and policy makers to tackle barriers to infrastructure investment in the UK and globally (for UK regulators).
- Reviewing how regulators respond at times of transformational change (for UK regulators).
- A review of structural reforms and asset sales in rail and road in Italy and other European markets (for a European research body).